The AJ Architecture Awards recognise excellence in UK architecture & design across a range of 20 categories and 3 non - enterable categories.
Who can enter?
- Projects must have been completed within the time period January 2017 - July 2018 (excluding masterplanning projects which can be commissioned future projects)
- Eligible to enter are architects, and people in other design professions whose qualifications are recognised by their local accreditation organisations
- Entries are encouraged from individuals, groups, partnerships – regardless of size or scale of practice
- Entries can be entered from practices located anywhere in the world as long as the project is based in the UK
- AJ Editor's Choice Award (non-entry, chosen from the featured projects in AJ between January 2017 – July 2018)
- AJ Design of the Year (chosen from all the entries to the awards)
- AJ Architect of the Year (chosen from all entries to the awards with an emphasis on multiple projects completed between January 2017 - July 2018 by the same practice)
PRICE - £349
Winners and highly commended entries will be published in the December 2018 issue of the Architects’ Journal magazine and displayed on the website.
The AJ Architecture Awards ceremony will be held at the Roundhouse, London on 4 December 2018. Everyone who enters is welcome to join us at the Awards however please note this is a paid for event.
We will provide information on all winning entries to other architectural magazines, newspapers and relevant media worldwide to build international recognition for our deserved winners.
Providing additional materials for publishing
Additional photography, drawings and other information from winning entrants may be urgently requested for the December publication during the first week in November. Entrants will acknowledge that The Architects’ Journal has the right to reproduce materials in whole or part without payment of copyright (where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be acknowledged).
Use of images in promotional material
The Architects’ Journal also reserves the right to make use of images of winning projects (both in print and digital media) for promotional material in connection with the Award. For instance, this might include publicising an exhibition (of winning entries), a lecture series (featuring the winning architects), or promoting the Award itself. Use of material in this capacity either in whole or part will not attract payment of copyright. Where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be credited.
You may submit as many entries as you like, and each entry should show only ONE project. Incomplete work, unrealised schemes, projects, CD-ROMS, videos, transparencies, models, prototypes and multiple schemes entered on one submission will NOT be accepted.
Entry fee for each project submitted is £349 + VAT per entry until the 22nd June 2018. Entry fee after this date will be £399 + VAT per project. Please follow the steps on the website to pay online. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment.
Please upload one A3 pdf file (between 4 -6 pages maximum) to support your entry – please include plans and sections within the pdf file as well as before and after images. This pdf file will be used by the AJ Editorial team and the judges during the judging process, so please ensure the file is clear, concise and includes information that best shows that your project meets the judging criteria.
You will also need to upload 2 portrait and 2 landscape images that represent your entry, these images may be used as part of the judging process. Image specification: 300dpi TIFF or JPEG, CMYK Files must be less than 12MB.
To ensure anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the images. When you register your details online, you will be given a reference number. PLEASE ENSURE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER IS PROVIDED WHEN UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES VIA THE ENTRY FORM. Only after the Jury has made its decision will the identity of the shortlist be revealed.
Registration & Payment online
You must complete an online registration form for each entry you wish to submit. Entries must be paid for online prior or they will not be eligible for entry.