The AJ Architecture Awards recognise excellence in UK architecture and design across a range of 17 plus categories and 3 non-enterable categories.
Questions or Queries?
To discuss the awards, arrange a meeting our team at a time that's convenient to you.
Companies A-K (and numbers) CLICK HERE
Companies L-Z CLICK HERE
Who can enter?
- Projects must have been completed within the time period January 2021 – July 2022 (excluding masterplan projects which can be commissioned future projects but must have a phase or part completed within the time period January 2021 – July 2022)
- Eligible to enter are architects, and people in other design professions whose qualifications are recognised by their local accreditation organisations
- Entries are encouraged from individuals, groups, partnerships – regardless of size or scale of practice
- Entries can be entered from practices located anywhere in the world as long as the project is based in the UK
- Editor's Choice (chosen from all the entries to the awards)
- Design of the Year (chosen from all the entries to the awards)
- Architect of the Year (chosen from all entries to the awards with an emphasis on multiple projects completed by the same practice)
How to enter?
- Read the entry criteria below
- Register your details online , you will receive an email, click on the link to validate your account, or add the validation code. You will need to do this before you can complete your entries.
Submit your entry via the online entry form.
- Login at any time to finish your entry. If you forget your password, please use the reset password link on the login page.
Winners and highly commended entries will be published in the November 2022 issue of The Architects’ Journal and displayed on the website.
The AJ Architecture Awards ceremony will be held in London on 23 November 2022. Everyone who enters is welcome to join us at the Awards. However please note this is a paid for event.
Providing additional materials for publishing
Additional photography, drawings and other information from winning entrants may be urgently requested for the November publication during the first week in November. Entrants will acknowledge that The Architects’ Journal has the right to reproduce materials in whole or part without payment of copyright (where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be acknowledged).
Use of images in promotional material
The Architects’ Journal also reserves the right to make use of images of winning projects (both in print and digital media) for promotional material in connection with the Awards. For instance, this might include publicising an exhibition (of winning entries), a lecture series (featuring the winning architects), or promoting the Award itself. Use of material in this capacity either in whole or part will not attract payment of copyright. Where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be credited.
You may submit as many entries as you like, but each entry should show only ONE project. Incomplete work, unrealised schemes, CD's, videos, models, prototypes and multiple schemes entered on one submission will NOT be accepted.
Entry fee for each project submitted is £349 + VAT per entry until the 25 March 2022. Entry fee after this date will be £399 + VAT per project. Please follow the steps on the website to pay online. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment.
Please note, the Project under £500k category has a special rate this year of £199 + VAT until 25 March 2022. Entry fee after this date will be £249 + VAT.
Please upload one A3 pdf file (between 4-6 pages maximum) to support your entry. Please include plans and sections within the pdf file as well as images. This pdf file will be used by the AJ editorial team and the judges during the judging process, so please ensure the file is clear, concise and includes information that best shows that your project meets the judging criteria. You will also need to upload 2 portrait and 2 landscape images that represent your entry. These images may be used as part of the judging process. Image specification: 300dpi TIFF or JPEG (CMYK) and files must be less than 12MB. Please ensure appropriate photographers are credited in the file names.
Registration and payment online
You must complete an online registration form for each entry you wish to submit. Entries must be paid for online prior, or they will not be eligible for entry.
How much does it cost to enter?
Entry Cost (all categories):
£349+VAT until 25 March
£399+VAT from 26 March
Entry cost (Project under £500k):
£199 + VAT until 25 March
£249 + VAT from 26 March
Please note that 20% VAT will be applied to the basket for UK practices. Please use the same contact details on your entry submission that match the name on your debit/credit card.
Final entry deadline is 6 May 2022